I’m doing a musical roadtrip in Ireland and want you to come along!
In September 2020 I’m leading an Inishfree Irish music tour in Southern Ireland. Inishfree is known for creating “tours for people who don’t like tours” and focuses on bringing guests the best music, culture, scenery, and history of Ireland. My friend James Keelaghan has led small-group tours with Inishfree for a while now and encouraged me to lead one myself. I couldn’t resist the chance to combine my love of Ireland (where I lived for many years), travel, and music.
I get to bring 22 guests along with me and the tours are very relaxed and flexible. By day we visit gorgeous coastal scenery, beaches, green hills and valleys, visiting ancient sites, stone circles, fishing villages, and more. Each night we return to our hotel, rest and refresh, and meet up for dinner and music with local musicians. We stay three days and nights in three adjoining counties, travelling in a luxury 25-30 seat coach with an Irish driver and an Irish guide.
The trip includes visits to iconic Irish landmarks and many out-of-the-way spots you might not find on your own. Plus we’ll get the rare opportunity to be on the inside for private concerts and traditional pub ‘sessions’ with local songwriters and musicians as they play jigs and reels on fiddles, pennywhistles, guitars, accordions, banjos, and more.
I can’t wait to return to Ireland and hope you’ll join me for this exciting musical tour.
September 21 – 30, 2020
Southern Ireland (Counties Cork, Kerry, and Clare)
- For 2020, the cost is $2,500 per person based on double occupancy; a limited number of single room supplements may be available for an extra $500
- Price covers nine nights’ lodging, all breakfasts, three group banquet dinners, all music costs, all museum and heritage center entry fees, and a seat on the luxury coach
- You pay for your flights, lunches, six dinners, your drinks and tips, and any extra excursions/accommodations you opt for before/after the tour
- Once you’ve decided to join us we’ll need to know your name(s), email address, and whether you need one or two beds.
- Inishfree Tours will then send out email invoices that can be paid online with a credit card or PayPal.
- Inishfree Tours splits the total cost into three payments:
- initial deposit (1/3 of the cost) up front to secure your slot
- second payment (1/3 of the cost) is due six months out
- final payment (remaining 1/3 of cost) will be due three months out
For complete trip details, email Barb Bowers (firstname.lastname@example.org).